Monday, August 24, 2009

 

The Innumerate Billy Ocean

I know this sounds impossible, but I actually don't like the radio stations in Nashville. And no, it's not because they play all country. Would you believe that there's not even a reliable Oldies station? Or how about this--in the entire time I've been here (since fall of 2006), I swear I've heard maybe three Elvis songs on the radio. I am not exaggerating.

Anyway, out of desperation I stopped my Scan last night when it hit Billy Ocean's "Suddenly." And this line jumped out at me:

Girl, you're everything a man could want, and more
One thousand words are not enough to say what I feel inside
Holding hands as we walk along the shore
Never felt like this before, now you're all I'm living for.

Say what? I've written Mises Daily articles that are a lot longer than that! One thousand words are not enough to say what I feel inside about Paul Krugman.

C'mon Billy, kick it up a notch. Other guys tell their sweethearts they'd walk a thousand miles for them--can you spit out a word per mile?! Or that they've been in love for longer than there have been stars up in the heavens. I get the honest approach, but c'mon. You're not going to hang on to that Caribbean queen at this rate.



Comments:
Ain't got nothin' but love, girl, eight days a week.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]