Monday, June 29, 2009

 

What to Do if an Infant or Toddler Is Choking

The other day my four-year-old was choking on some orange slices for about 2 seconds, but those were a terrifying 2 seconds. So I decided to banish my fears through knowledge, and refreshed my memory on CPR for little guys. The below video is about 8 minutes, but it's really good. (You also have to sit through a short commercial in the beginning.) Even if you've read up on how to do these techniques, it's good to see this guy do them on the mannequins, to get an idea of how hard you're supposed to smack their back, or thrust upward in a Heimlich, etc.


Infant CPR



Comments:
Wait, I though that if a toddler is choking, you're supposed to accuse him of trying to justify socialized medicine!

Well, I mean, that was your approach for when the "planet" is "choking", right?

Doesn't make any sense? Never mind...
 
Oh wait, I know the next line I'm supposed to say: "Everyone come quick! Silas is proposing that the government start taxing orange slices and marbles to achieve the optimal amount of choking!"
 
Silas, you are losing it. You are not only being rude and obnoxious, you are becoming absurd. The "planet" is "choking"? Is that the best you got? You now sound like that silly git in my class who said "but we must do something to SAVE THE PLANET", which, of course, made me think of George Carlin.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]