Tuesday, March 24, 2009

 

Why Are Yahoo! Answers Terrible?

I had never thought about it much until someone else brought it up (I think when I was down in Auburn for ASC 2009). Have you ever wasted your time checking the Yahoo! Answers when you google something? Seriously, I think I perused those things maybe 8 times, before realizing that they were worse than useless. Worse, because if they were demonstrably idiotic the first 8 times, then why would I trust the mechanism on the 9th time when it appeared plausible?



Comments:
Because they are free. Google Answers (resurrected as UClue) gave great answers.
 
Or because they are one of those companies run by the IRS - they do not have to run on a profit & loss type business model? Thus no need to work well answering questions.
 
"Because they are free."

So is Wikipedia, but it's much, much better.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
You mean "how is babby formed"?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]