Wednesday, March 18, 2009

 

A Better Showing

Before I was caught doing Billy Joel's "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant," and it wasn't pretty. In fact, I am not even going to link to it.

But in the below it sounds much better. Even here, though, I swear the iPhone (or whatever) is not doing it justice. I had people who weren't even in our group coming up and saying I did a good job. Now (a) maybe everyone in the bar had beer headphones on, and (b) maybe I did sound really good, but only because it was relative to the standard karaoke person. But now in the calm of my office, maybe I can hear myself with fresh ears and so I'm comparing myself to Jimmy Buffet.

Anyway, here ya go. It's a shame that Jason Osborne, fellow Hillsdale grad and no fan of Big Government, didn't get into this clip. He did the best "Sweet Caroline" I have ever heard at a karaoke bar.




Comments:
Having just read the links in an LRC article about the death camps in WWII Poland, it seems good that you all can get out have fun & forget for a short time the national march to ~ what? doom? As a smoker in a state that has outlawed smoking in bars I dont think I could do that anymore. And..you all obviously have not been eating fries from fast food places having money & grease changing problems. I wonder if there is a cash flow problem and an environmental hang-up to disposal of the old grease. This was a common thing in the 1980's. The guys I knew who were fry cooks could tell in an instant the grease was past due for a changing and would complain loudly. Now I know why - ugh.

Q. What is with the national morning news shows using Obama's basketball picks all the time? It seemed ok during the election, but now it is sorta creepy in a reverse discrimination way.

'Scuse the downer rant, seems Im in a rut lately. Where was that positive outlook again? Oh yeah, just live your life and ignore them. Thats not working for me too well. Gotta keep thinking, "First they ignore us, then they LOL at us, then they fight us, then we win."

Does, "then" = 5 years?
 
Where's Warren Buffet when you need him?!

Has anyone asked him where's he's going when the volcano blows? Or is he just having fun encouraging it?

Oh well, I'm much happier with you and yours singing anyway. Somebody hand those Austrians a mic!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]