Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

That's Not Me Baby, Really

All right this confusion with multiple Bob Murphys is really getting out of hand. I was just talking to my boss about media training and he said, "Of course, we really need to polish the karaoke." So I just laughed, figuring he'd heard of my antics at Mises University. But then he said, "For one thing, that was a really hard song you picked."

I said, "Wait, what are you talking about?" It seems someone posted it on YouTube without telling me.

Now I just want to say one thing: Below was a song I picked as a warm up, the first song of the night, when the bar wasn't even half full yet. OK? I had never done it before, and I was curious. When more of the students showed up, then I unloaded with the stand-bys that I have practiced several times.




Comments:
The Blackadder Says:

My one karaoke experience ended in disaster. A word to the wise: don't think that because the words to the song in question are going to appear on the little screen in front of you that you can just wing it. You can't.

Also, chances are you don't know the lyrics of a song nearly as well as you think you do. I thought I knew the lyrics to Cat's in the Cradle. Turns out I knew the third verse and the chorus.
 
I thought I knew the lyrics to Cat's in the Cradle. Turns out I knew the third verse and the chorus.

Was your dad a bad singer too?
 
BOB! Why did you have to post that?? You are famous for being the Cranky Economist, which is utterly forgivable (all good economists seem to be cranky) - but... now you will be known as the Tone Deaf Economist.

It will take me a while to forget the ten seconds or so I needed to find the BACK button.......

;)
 
It does not matter how poorly you sang or people think you sang, or if you were warming up or not.

You rock for picking Billy Joel. Plain and Simple.

C. Roe
 
Next time you do karaoke, you should do what I did the first time I ever sang karaoke: sing "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones and do the dorky dance that Carlton from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" did when he sang that song in one episode.

(In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I think this is the original scene I'm referring to.)

(And yes, that was very popular that night when I sang and danced in the karaoke bar like the dork that I am; I'm a terrible singer but people knew I was trying to be goofy and dorky, so it was fun. I think some of them were laughing with me...)
 
Well, it did sound better live...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]