Thursday, January 22, 2009

 

Tyler Cowen, a Sensible Central Planner

I know, I know, I'm just beating up on the guy all the time because I have impossibly high standards for my libertarian economists. I suppose the following is actually a responsible plea to limit Big Government:
Here is my guest post on bank nationalization. I could have stressed further that bank nationalization works best in small countries with a small number of banks. The more banks a country has, the greater the danger that nationalizing a few of them will make the rest much harder to recapitalize, thereby leading to a kind of contagious need for nationalization.



Comments:
You are right to stay tough on central-planning libertarians. Look what Alan Greenspan became!
 
exactly... I feel bad for the banks who won't get 'recapitalized'
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]