Saturday, January 24, 2009

 

Obama Makes His Bones as President

...by ordering Predator strikes that allegedly killed at least 3 children. (HT2 LRC) Some of the comments at the Times UK site were great; the featured 3 (when I clicked on it) were:

There are few places in the West where a man could be convicted on the basis of the evidence we have seen concerning the events of 11 September, and glaring discrepancies abound in the news clips of that day, but we occupy Afghanistan and attack Pakistan on the basis of vague connections.
----Luke, Liverpool, NS, Canada

If Bush had ordered this Pakistan strike it would have been the old warmonger at work again. Now, according to one gushing journalist elsewhere, it is Obama proving he is a leader and not afraid to use the military option. My ohmy, how much has changed since last Tuesday,
----Donald Last, Worthing, UK

where is the change Mr Obama?
----kal, London, UK

I really hope to be proven wrong on this, but I still think Obama will stand up for peace the way I thought (in 2000) George Bush at least would be a free market kinda guy.



Comments:
So would this be "change we can bereave in"?

(I'm in a bereavement period myself so I can say that.)
 
"I really hope to be proven wrong on this, but I still think Obama will stand up for peace the way I thought (in 2000) George Bush at least would be a free market kinda guy."

I might be slow - is this a misstatement? I suspect you are not hoping to be proven wrong regarding Obama standing for peace?
 
Double post, double negative.
 
Greg,

Yeah, the wording is a bit off. I'm saying, right now I think Obama will be a phony peace guy, just like George Bush turned out to be a phony free market guy. But, I hope to be proven wrong. Finally, I am also informing you that in 2000 I fell for Bush's ruse.

I agree that my attempt to condense those three things into my original sentence was flawed. :)
 
So would this be "change we can bereave in"?

Is that a Chinaman crack?
 
I set up http://obamadeathcount.com because of this event. Any time I hear of military action directly ordered by Obama, I hope to update the counter.

Also, Silas, I stole your slogan. I hope you'll forgive me :)

Btw, I've been visiting this site from time to time, but never commented before. Hi everyone!
 
No problem, Andrew_Smith, but I don't see where you used the "change we can bereave in" line.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]