Monday, November 17, 2008

 

Zimbabwe Central Banker Blames Lazy Citizens for Inflation

According to this report (HT2LRC),

Reserve Bank Governor Gideon Gono is quoted in The Sunday Mail, a state-owned newspaper, as saying inflation is due to what he calls a "collective failure as a nation" to produce enough, particularly food. He calls on Zimbabweans "to actively play a part in producing for the nation."

Zimbabwe's inflation rate is officially 231 million percent, the highest in the world.

I think we will have to wait till after the holidays for Henderson and Hummel to pen a defense of Gono for Cato.



Comments:
I actually blurted out "HA!" after having read the last line. Never actually have done that before.

Then, all I could think was how Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon in one of their Weekend Reports just kept repeating, "Oh Snap! Oh Snap!"

Thank you! Now my co-workers think I am crazy.
 
I actually blurted out "HA!" after having read the last line. Never actually have done that before.

Do you mean ever, or just for your time reading this blog?
 
Nope never actually done that out loud reading anything. I've chuckled, laughed, said other less appropriate things, but never just, "HA!"

It did make my afternoon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]